Friday, August 31, 2012

Welcome to our Back to School Blog Hop! September is here and the kids are heading back to school!  This time of year is always so bittersweet for me. It's the beginning of a new school year which always brings anxiety and excitement, this year especially since it's my sons last year in Elementary School. It's the unofficial end to the summer and hot days splashing in the pool, yet it's the beginning of my favorite season, autumn with it's crisp blue skies and amazing displays of color from the changing trees. And the best part of September, it's my birthday month!! Ah, all so bittersweet.

Today we have some very talented ladies who would love to share their beautiful projects with you. And of course we will have BLOG CANDY!!!
We have a $20 Gift Card up for grabs to Bear Hugs Art & Scraps.
Please stop by their FaceBook fan page to show them some love and thank them for this awesome prize!
To be eligible, all you have to do is:
1. Leave a comment on every blog in the hop
2. Go to Bear Hugs fan page, hit the LIKE button and leave a comment saying you are from the Back to School Hop!
As far as homework goes, doesn't get any easier than that! :)


If you came from Jennifer F's page then you're in the right place. If you just happened upon my blog today and would like to hop from the beginning head over to PamelaHere is our line up:
Nancy **You are here**
Gill 


    Some of you may be familiar with my project...the magnetic board I keep in my kitchen. Since it's the first of the month I decided to feature it for this hop. I made an adorable bus stop scene for my fella's "first day of school" picture. Since school doesn't start until after Labor Day I'll add it in next week ;)



    I think the look on this kitty's face tells so many of the emotions we all feel on this first day, excitement, anxiety, happiness, and a little bit ascared. :)
   
    Supplies used for this project: Scraptastical Kreations amazing files, Recollections and various papers from my stash, inks and chalks, white Gelly Roll pen, Creative Memories magnetic board, and Cameo.

    I have some super awesome blog candy for one lucky winner!! $10 in files from Scraptastical Kreations! Simply leave a comment here and stop by the Scraptastical Kreations FB fan page and say hi from the hop! One winner will be picked at random on Tues. Sept. 4.

The winner of the Scraptastical Kreations blog candy is.......
Rhonda Bewley-Ratliff! Congratulations!

   Now, we wouldn’t want you to be tardy so climb on the bus and ride on over to the magnificently talented Gill.

Whether you will be starting out listening to the "Wheels on the Bus” Nursery Rhyme or at the end of the year listening to “The Graduation March”,  get yourself a big box of tissues, walk your baby out the door and take a deep breath. It’s a long 12 years! Have fun and take lots of pictures!
I hope we have inspired you in some way today, thanks for hopping with us!

~there's always a story
Nancy :)

14 comments:

  1. OMG!! I love this!! Awesome job!
    TFS!
    Jen :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look on the board =) Love looking for it each month! Great job Nancy =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge fan of your magnetic board! Love it!
    Thanks for being in the hop! :)
    ~Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I can't believe how amazingly expressive you made that mouse. You need to do a video series on how to make eyes for piecings and let me know you did, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beyond adorable, love this Nancy!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable!!!!! Love your project Nancy it's so super cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy........ as always you get an A+ for AWESOME!!!.. This is soooo cute!! Mine are all grown now :(.. and as you said its a long 12 years, but they go by so fast!!!... Love all your creations :))
    rrandrr@insightbb.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh forgot to add.. It my Anniversary this month... have a very ~~**HAPPY BIRTHDAY**~~ :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda, you're always so sweet to me! Have a very Happy Anniversary! :D

      Delete
  9. ohhh fantastico me gusto muchisimo :)
    saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes this is just beautiful Nancy. I remember you posting on SK.
    I like the bus and how it is kind of like a cartoon and the sweet little cat.
    My boys do not start until Tuesday either. I don;t think I will make it long!!
    Nice to see you on this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute layout! I love your kitty. Poor thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely adorable!!!!! I love looking at your magnetic boards, they are so great!!! It looks like you have a busy month and year ahead of you!!! Happy early birthday. Lots of hugs.
    Toodles
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  13. II love it! So cute and colorful! TFS CallyAn and I already LIKE Kristy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, reading them makes me smile!! :D